The egg dyeing was really the only “prep” work we did for Easter, but it warrants a post of its own because of the sheer number of pictures we took from the event. All in all, in the whole thing probably only lasted less than an hour in an attempt to limit the damage to clothes and the surrounding facilities – which we were actually successful in. With any closer look at the pictures, you will notice we shoved her into some clothes that barely still fit – just because we hoped for the best, and expected the worst. And when it comes to egg dye, you might as well surrender before even attempting to get it out in the washing machine. It is, after all, made to dye egg shells.
Selah really did a number on the actual eggs. We only had about 10 or so, and after those were finished, she didn’t really want it to be over, so she proceeded to pick up and toss them into the dyes again, while I was trying to dry them out. So, while the pictures appear to exhibit her nicely placing the eggs in their “baths”…it was really nothing of the sort.
The crayon “magic” was a little lost on her, although she did really enjoy the “S” on her very own pink egg:
And, predictable as always, as soon as we were done, it was an immediate freak-out to get her hands washed. She isn’t so much for getting her hands dirty, that is for sure! If you click on the picture, I’m sure you’ll get a kick out of her oh-so-expressive (and slightly threatening!) face!